for retail, visit MARIES.COM
10 oz. Marie’s® Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 lb. chicken, cooked and pulled
1 cup celery, small-diced
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1.5 cups Buffalo sauce
Salt and pepper (to taste)
16 each empanada shells
2 each eggs
1. In a blender, mix blue cheese Maries and cilantro blended until smooth, set aside.
2. In a clean bowl, place chicken, celery, blue cheese crumbles, Buffalo sauce and salt and pepper as needed; mix well.
3. For each empanada, place 2.5 oz. of the chicken mixture in the middle of an empanada shell. Make an egg wash and spread on edge of the dough. Fold dough in half and crimp the edges with a fork.
4. Brush the tops of the empanadas with additional egg wash. Place finished empanadas on a baking sheet and bake at 400ºF in the oven 25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve empanadas on a plate with the blue cheese–cilantro sauce on the side.